Career Camp: Upper ElementarySKU:CKCCB4
Make teaching career awareness easy and comprehensive. Career Camp is a 10-lesson plan to teach career awareness in upper elementary grades. It is a flexible program, able to be taught day-by-day or week-by-week. The variety of activities provide opportunities to work as a class, group or individually. Lessons, including duplicating masters, come to you looseleaf in a large binder for easy access.
Ideal for a number of school planned sessions: Summer camp, After school program, Career unit taught during the school year, GATE classes.
Pick and choose as needed from the 10 lessons:
- Lesson 1 - Why Work? The Family, Society and Self.
- Lesson 2 - What is Work?
- Lesson 3 - Chores at Home and Responsibilities at School.
- Lesson 4 - Non-traditional Gender Careers.
- Lesson 5 - Jobs in Your Community.
- Lesson 6 - Making Good Choices and Interacting with Others.
- Lesson 7 - Money Management.
- Lesson 8 - Self-knowledge.
- Lesson 9 – Assessment.
- Lesson 10 - School-to-Work and Research.
Career Camp Binder includes: Activities for each lesson, duplicating masters, pre and post-test, handouts, suggested readings, suggested materials, websites, parent letters, and other supportive materials.